It's all about Jesus. That's who Christianity is all about. That's who the Scriptures are all about. That's what the Reformation was all about. That's who we Lutherans are all about - Jesus Christ. And so, we take all of these things to heart: Jesus, The Scriptures, and the teaching that we are saved by God's grace through faith on account of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection alone.
We are a congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod - a confessional Lutheran Church body in the USA that traces its roots back to the Reformation over 500 years ago. To know more about the LCMS, please visit the LCMS website.
To know more about Trinity Lutheran Church, we invite you to worship with us on Sunday morning either at 8:30 or 10:15 AM. You will find a church anchored in the Scriptures and a family of believers who bear one another's burdens and share one another’s joy while being nourished by God through Word and Sacrament.
Brief History of Trinity Lutheran Church in Clinton, MO:
- In 1932, Trinity Lutheran Church held its first worship service on Easter Day, March 27, in a room on the third floor of the Henry County Courthouse with 14 people in attendance (picture).
- In 1933, we purchased our own building to worship in at Second and Grandriver Streets.
- In 1951, we built a new church just east of the old one, on Grandriver Street. The building permit was $1.00 and the cost of the entire building was $35,000.
- In 1954, Trinity Lutheran Women's Missionary League was established on June 17.
Picture was taken after our first worship service on Easter Day, 1932.
Our church from 1965-1989 on Second Street.
- In 1965, we remodeled a newly-purchased building and transitioned our old church into an educational facility and church office (see picture).
- In 1991, we built a new church on Highway 7 and continue to worship here today (see picture).
We built our new church on Highway 7 and dedicated it on April 21, 1991.
And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. - Acts 2:42
Pastors of Trinity Lutheran Church:
Rev. Paul Mroch 1932 – 1933
Rev. Elmer Boxdorfer 1934 – 1943
Rev. Herbert Wunderlich 1944 – 1945
Rev. Robert Biel 1945 – 1946
Rev. Conrad Soderstrom 1946 – 1949
Rev. Wilbur T. Niermeier 1950 – 1957
Rev. Richard Beardsley 1957 – 1958
Rev. John Frey 1958 – 1961
Rev. Emory Hingst 1962 – 1964
Rev. Donald Vetter 1964 – 1970
Rev. Clifford Hunt 1971 - 1975
Rev. Donald Kolb 1975 – 1979
Rev. William Gervais 1980 – 1981
Rev. Robert Steinborn 1981 – 1984
Rev. Jonathan Beyer 1985 – 1994
Rev. Nathan Jansen 1994 – 1999
Rev. Douglas Punke 1999 – 2003
Rev. Daryl Bahn 2004 – 2008
Rev. Shawn Deterding 2009 – 2014
Rev. Roger Mackie 2014 – 2015
Rev. Jesse Kueker 2015 -